Monday, November 14, 2005

Student art show 1

at : the art place
oct 13th -nov 11th

The student art show was not very impressive.  There were only a couple of people in the show that I was impressed with.  One of the people in the show that I enjoyed was Alison m. Golden.  She was the only person in the show that seemed to have control over a broad variety of media.  Her piece entitled Mother’s Pearle was very impressive.  It was a watercolor that was very lifelike.  The lace in the picture looked as though you could pick it up. 
            I was also impressed with the computer graphics of most of the students, but I have seen much better.  One digitally altered piece was entitled “candy striper.”  This piece by Phillip Steadham was very colorful.  I did not really like the subject mater, but I was drawn to the colors.  All of his work was very colorful but I did not care for much of it.
            The piece that I was most impressed by was Morgan Stallings wood sculpture.  It was entitled “Norse Dragon” and was very interesting and as soon as I saw the price I knew why I liked it.  I am always drawn to the most expensive piece in the show.
            Overall I was not impressed with the show but there were a lot of nice works there.

Katie Shipley

1 Comments:

Blogger Outspoken Artist said...

I think Phillip Steadham's work is Great. The colors and style is brillant and he has dared to go against the college norms and promote himself as an artist with a new look and style. The work is complex and has much depth even though it appears at first to be quiet simplistic and childish. This artist has a powerful statement and his message needs to be embraced by other artist and members of the artwork. This guy might be the new BIG HIT! you never know. THe work is smashing and rememberable and that says alot, most things have a 15 minute to 5 hour life span. So keep your eyes open for this artist work.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home