Sunday, November 13, 2005

Kennesaw State Senior Exhibition

The Art Place..10/13-11/11
KSU exhibit of class assignments.....

I had the great joy of driving to the KSU art show which was not a fun or enjoyable trip. Hindsite...I should have waited for the show on campus. Anyways, it was clearly a hang-up of previous class assignments from the senior class, and not some of the best. The collection of art did not seem to have any real heart put into it. I am sure that each artist has produced better work, but the people that picked these out for the show should be to blame. I feel that it does not show the real talent that is attending KSU.

The collection of art consisted of paintings, digital design(eww...There must be better), wood sculpture,ceramics, photography(there has to be better lying around)etc... If anything, it was an art show to display what kind of classes that are offered at KSU. I hope that this is not all that KSU produces at a senior level.

My favorite pieces were the mahogany wood sculptures by Morgan Stallings.I believe one was called "Norse Dragon"??? It seemed like there was more put into those pieces than most of the others. I have never worked with wood, so who am I, but I enjoyed them. The digital design pieces were a little disappointing. They seemed to be works that were done at a Freshman level.One was displayed with a typo...All in all, the next show needs a better display of skill.
LO-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home